Thursday, February 24, 2011

Guy Tuxedo's For 2010

Pane dolce pere e cardamomo


Deliciously fragrant! Here's how I would call this little delicacy, this dessert an intense bouquet and vaguely oriental. Moreover, the cardamom is one of my favorite spices, but I'm biased because I'm a crazy lover of all the spices in general. Usually I do not dedicate myself to the sweet fruit. They are more like my mom's specialty (remember here find his brand new blog of cuisine awaits !!).. .. I usually have more for the sweet "chocolate", "those of 3000 calories per slice. But this time I could not resist the combination of pears and cardamom .. already thinking about it I liked it so much. I will not tell then when the smell of this cake has invaded the house! Now I like to call it more "sweet bread" as I had done in the past that bananas .. because in the end I think it is much more suitable for a nice breakfast, sliced \u200b\u200band savored slowly, perhaps with a hot chocolate (I do not deny ever!)




Ingredients:
125 gr soft butter at room temperature
125 grams of brown sugar 2 eggs lightly beaten

250 grams of self raising flour ( or the equivalent in weight of flour + baking powder) 1 teaspoon
ground cardamom (or powder) 4 tablespoons milk

500 g of pears (about 2 medium pears)
1 tablespoon of clear honey (for garnish - optional)


Preparation In a bowl beat the sugar and vigorously soft butter, cut into small pieces and above room temperature. You will need to make a soft and fluffy. Stir in gradually the egg lightly beaten. Stir and add the flour sifted with baking powder, ground cardamom, and milk while continuing to mix well. Put hours by one third of the pears that have previously cleaned, peeled and cut into chunks and add the remaining coarsely crushing the mixture.
Butter and cover with parchment, a cake tin and pour the mixture smooth the surface. Enter at this point the slices of pear that you have kept aside, sticking on the surface of the dough. Fate then bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for 1 hour and 15 minutes - 1 hour and 30 minutes by controlling the area with a toothpick (which must be dry). Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then carve the edges slightly with a knife to gently pull the cake. Put it on a wire rack to cool before serving and sprinkle with the honey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment